Innovative Learning Services specializes in leveraging technology to strengthen executive function skills and develop critical academic and real-world skills: writing, reading comprehension, organizing, time and project management, task initiation and more. Technology is less the "solution" than it is a key component of improved learning and organizational systems that help students get organized and show what they know, more effectively and efficiently than they could have imagined.
My name is Dan Leibowitz, founder of Innovative Learning Services and a certified teacher with advanced degrees in general and special education and a Certificate in Educational Therapy. I love what I do and with fifteen years of experience working with Bay Area students and people of all ages, I specialize in helping them identify and implement technology-oriented systems that:
- Keep track of it all -plan and organize assignments, projects, schedules and materials
- Transfer thoughts to the computer with much greater ease and efficiency
- Improve written expression -organize and elaborate on ideas, apply conventions, develop fluency and variety
- Apply structured, consistent approaches that help initiate and sustain the effort
- Prioritize -identify what's most pressing, when it's due and methods for getting it done
- Build computer, Internet safety and information literacy skills
- Advocate for themselves by communicating with teachers and others in supportive roles
In this website you will find further information about my techniques, successes, workshops and how I support individuals of all ages in working through challenging tasks to the best of their abilities.