2022 Billing Policy
- Schedules are set for the month based on the agreed-upon days/times. If a client wishes to discontinue sessions mid-month the clients will be billed for the remaining sessions that month.
- If a client wishes to cancel a session or sessions this communication must happen at least two weeks ahead of time. If it does not happen at least two weeks ahead of time the client will be billed.
- If a client wishes to reschedule a session the client is responsible to communicate about conflicts at least two weeks ahead of the date(s) of conflict.
- If a client is sick and must cancel a session for any reason the client will be billed. I will make every effort to reschedule the session that same week or the week after but if we cannot find a mutually convenient time to reschedule the client will be billed.
- Should a last-minute event, mix-up, school schedule change, etc. cause a client to cancel a session, the client is billed for that session. There are no exceptions. When this occurs Dan will make an effort to reschedule that same week. If we cannot find a time the client is billed.
- In some instances, preparation time is billed. This is agreed-upon beforehand.
- Rates are subject to change every school year.
- Travel expense is calculated round trip at a rate of $75 per hour.
- Dan's work commitments involve some limited travel, which may impact his availability. Also, he has two kids and sometimes needs to get them places after school. He will communicate about these dates as far ahead of time as possible and will make every effort to reschedule. If the time cannot be rescheduled the client is not billed.
- Consultations are billed at the rate of $185 per hour.
- Clients are charged the regular hourly rate for email communications, formal communication and/or meetings with teachers, related professionals, reading documentation, etc.
- Rates are subject to change.
- Institutional billing rates: inquire
- There are no procedures in place for insurance companies to cover services. Therefore, no insurance reimbursement is available. Payment for services rendered is strictly the responsibility of the client.