With technology, it's all about identifying the appropriate tools and features that support individual needs. Here is a brief list of helpful services, tools, and apps:
- iOS accessibility features
- Resources for Digital Text: BookShare, Learning Ally, Blio, Audible.com, YouTube, Read2Go
- Reading Assistance for Digital Text: BeeLine Reader ; Don Johnston Snap&Read
- Early Literacy: Endless Reader
- Tactile stimulation: TacScreen: TacScreen adds the sense of tactile stimulation to any educational iPad app.
- Auditory processing / following directions: School of Multi-Step Directions (iPad app)
- Scanning and OCR: Prizmo
- Graphic Organizer and Mind Mapping: Inspiration & Kidspiration & Inspiration Maps and MindMeister for iPad
- Speech recognition (speech-to-text): Mac Dictation; Dragon Naturally Speaking
- Writing / note-taking: OneNote, Evernote, Notability (iPad)
- Math: Panther Math Paper, ModMath; Motion Math
- Typing Assistance: Don Johnson Co:Writer; Co:Writer Chrome Extension; Word Q
- Time Management: TimeTimer: watches, clocks & app
- Integrated reading/writing tools: Don Johnston Solo
- Vocabulary: Visual Thesaurus ; Quizlet
- Apps for building focus / time on task: 30/30; Forest
Noteworthy publishers and software companies:
Special Link of the Month:
- Maryville University Math Games - Thank you Ellie, the Google wiz!
This page is under construction.